Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
YAY! Boutier Winery in Danielsville is featured on a daily deal site with an awesome deal on their wine tasting! We’ve been here for a tasting before and it was GREAT. Head on over to check out the deal.
Choose Between Two Options
- $34 for a wine-tasting package for two (a $68 total value)
- $65 for a wine-tasting package for four (a $136 value)
The wine-tasting package includes the following for each pair:
- Tasting of 10 award-winning wines(a $20 value)
- Cheese-and-cracker tasting (a $12 value)
- Two souvenir wineglasses (a $12 value)
- 12 personalized labels (a $24 value)
Hurry hurry while supplies last! Grab a coupon for $5 Off $35 Purchase on Amazon! This will go FAST! Go now to claim yours!
Your credit expires at 11:59 PM PST on Sunday, December 15, 2013. This promotion excludes Kindle devices, digital downloads and gift card purchases.
Head on over to Living Social and score a coupon good for 30% off Bath and Body Works in store purchases. To enjoy, claim your offer and redeem in store by December 13, 2013!
I am so excited to share this great Cyber Monday deal from Pump it Up of Athens. They rarely discount their party packages, so if your little one is looking forward to having a Pump it Up party this year, check your calendar and book it today for this sweet deal!
Here’s the details from Pump it Up:
CYBER MONDAY SPECIAL OFFER!
This is it! Northeast Georgia residents know that Pump It Up rarely offers coupons for our parties. Well, we are making up for that on Cyber Monday!
*This deal is for our 2 hour Weekend Classic party only.*
Here are the details:
$25 off the regular price of $249
5 free one topping pizzas from Fox’s Pizza ($50 value)
1 free 5x Pop In Playtime multipass ($33.49 value)
This is a total value of $108.49!
Remember, this offer is only good for new bookings of a 2 hour Weekend Classic Party. You can call to make a reservation or book online Monday to take advantage of this deal. For online reservations the discount will not be shown at the time of your booking. However, we will call you later on Monday to confirm.
- Change of Heart Barbershop Quartet at the Athens-Clarke County Library Along with the Gentlemen Songsters Barbershop Chorus. Come enjoy a free concert full of barbershop harmonies, brought to you by a quartet and a choir of 30+ men singing the sounds of old favorites and gospel classics. There will be a holiday sing-along as well! Sun., Dec. 1st at 3:00 p.m. FREE
- UGA Holiday Concert: Come enjoy uplifting and joyful music of the season at the Classic Center. This is an incredible concert combining the UGA Symphony Orchestra, 300 student singers, Bulldog Brass Society, and choral ensembles. Tickets for the program are $25 for the general public and $5 for students. Tues, Dec. 3rd, 8:00 p.m. For tickets, see www.uga.edu/pac.
- Downtown Athens Parade of Lights: The Sounds of Christmas is the theme for this year’s hour-long parade through Athens, beautifully decorated for the holiday season. Thur., December 5th, beginning at 7 p.m. FREE
- Family Day: Abstract Ornaments at the Georgia Museum of Art : Visit the exhibition “Cercle et Carré and the International Spirit of Abstract Art” for inspiration, then create your own abstract ornaments, listen to a special holiday performance by the Meridian Women’s Choir, and enjoy some refreshments. Sat, Dec. 7 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. FREE
- Breakfast with Santa at the Sandy Creek Nature Center : Breakfast with Santa at the Sandy Creek Nature Center: Have breakfast with St. Nick, get your picture taken with him, enjoy crafts and other activities. Sat. Dec. 7th: 3 sessions: 8:00-8:45 a.m., 9:00-9:45 a.m., or 10:00-10:45 a.m., $5 for Athens-Clarke County residents/ $7 for non-residents.
Watkinsville Christmas Parade. Sat., Dec. 7th at 11:00 a.m. Parade includes floats, bands, horses, classic cars and old tractors, Santa and Mrs. Clause, and more. Downtown Watkinsville
- Gingerbread Pirates at the Oconee County Library Watkinsville, Sat., Dec. 7th 12 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Drop by and read “The Gingerbread Pirates”, then make your own gingerbread pirate ornament to take home. FREE
- Family CRAFTerdays at Treehouse Kid and Craft : Family CRAFTerdays! For ages 3-10. Sat., Dec. 7th 12-1 p.m.: project is seasonal décor for the shop and home. Sat., Dec. 21st 12-1:00 p.m.: project is waterless snow globes. $10 classes or sign up for monthly classes and save $10. Sign up online or drop in, but classes are first come first served, and are limited to 8 participants. Click on their calendar for more details.
- Winder Christmas Parade Dec. 7th 4:00-5:00 p.m. For more information call 770-867-8808.
- Best Christmas Pageant Ever Winder-Barrow Community Theatre Children’s PLAYhouse presents this delightful play, fun for all ages, at the Winder Cultural Arts Center, on Sat., Dec. 7th at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 for children through age 12 and $10 for ages 13 and up.
- Holiday Open House at the State Botanical Gardens : Holiday Open House at the State Botanical Gardens: Come celebrate the holidays at the State Botanical Gardens, decorated with seasonal décor and filled with music from the Georgia Children’s Chorus, the Solstice Sisters, and the Classic City Band. Come see Santa and Mrs. Claus, see the puppet shows teaching your children about nature, do some Christmas shopping in the Garden shop, and enjoy hot chocolate and goodies from Donderos’ Kitchen. Sun., Dec. 8th from 2-5 p.m. Puppet showtimes at 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30. FREE
- Winter Puppet Show Week at Athens-Clarke County Library Featuring “Fletcher’s Tree” by Julia Rawlinson. Mon., Dec. 9th 7:00 p.m., Tues. and Wed., Dec. 10th-11th at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., and Thurs., and Fri., Dec. 12th and 13th at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Georgia Children’s Chorus Presents Joy to the World Holiday concert, on Tues., Dec. 10th, 7:00 p.m. at the Hodgson Concert Hall at UGA. The Georgia Children’s Chorus is a 100-voice children’s chorus, with singers ranging in age from 8-18. Admission $10.
- Deck the Hollow at Bear Hollow Zoo : Celebrate the holidays in lights at Bear Hollow Zoo in Memorial Park. There will be live music, animal encounters, and photo opportunities in the zoo illuminated with holiday lights. Concessions available for purchase. Evenings, Dec. 12th-21st, 5:30-7:30 p.m. $3 per person; 2 and under are free.
- Breakfast with Santa at Memorial Park: Have breakfast with St. Nick and get your picture taken with him, along with crafts and other activities for children. Sat., Dec. 14th from 9:00-9:45 a.m. or 10:00-10:45 a.m. $5 for Athens-Clarke County residents/ $8 for non-residents. Pre-register by December 11th as space is limited.
- Christmas at the Classic Center Ice skating at Athens’ only indoor ice skating rink, see some fabulous Gingerbread Houses, listen to choral groups, view 50 beautifully decorated trees in the Festival of Trees, ride the holiday train, bounce in the bouncy house, decorate cookies and create some ornaments in Santa’s Workshop, and have your picture taken with Santa. General admission is only $3 per person per day or $6 per person for multi-day admission. Ice skating is $10 per person and includes skate rental. Breakfast with Santa is $20 per person.
- The Nutcracker Suite and Holiday Program at the Morton Theater Presented by the Studio Dance Company. Fri, Dec. 13th 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Sat., Dec. 14th 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for kids 4-10, and 0-3 are free with admission. Call to reserve children’s tickets at 706-613-3771.
- Breakfast with the Grinch If you’d rather have breakfast with the cranky green guy, there’s Breakfast with the Grinch! Includes breakfast, a visit with the Grinch himself, a Whoville craft, and plenty of photo opportunities. Prizes awarded for the best themed costume. Breakfast will be 9:30-10:00 a.m., and the Grinch will be available for photos 10:00-10:30 a.m.. Event held Sat, Dec. 14th from 9:30-11:00 a.m. $5 for Athens-Clarke County residents/ $8 non-residents/ $3 per adult. Location: Rocksprings Park. Pre-register by Mon, Dec. 2nd.
- Journey Through Christmas Drive-Thru Nativity From the comfort of your car, you are guided on a narrated tour, as you drive back in time and watch actors and animals alike lend realism to the Christmas story. Sat. Dec. 14th, and Sun., Dec. 15th. 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. at Princeton UMC. FREE
- Athens Symphony Chorus Christmas Concert Sat., Dec. 14th 8:00 p.m., and Sun., Dec. 15th 3:00 p.m. Admission is FREE but tickets are required for the concert, so make sure you get them plenty of time in advance.
- T’was the Night Before Christmas Musical A hilarious musical at the Morton Theatre, brought to you by Theatre IV America. Mon., Dec. 16th 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-12:30 a.m. $12 tickets or $8 each for groups of 15 or more
- The Nutcracker State Ballet Theatre of Russia: Bring the whole family to enjoy this holiday favorite: “The Nutcracker” State Ballet Theatre of Russia at The Classic Center Theatre. Three magical performances: Sat, December 21st at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and Sun, December 22nd at 3 p.m. Tickets available for $15-$25.
- Aerofit Athens :Work off that Thanksgiving turkey at Aerofit! Open Free Jump is $10 per person for 1 hour. Play dodgeball, jump and bounce off the wall, go shooting up in the air. Seriously, my teenagers LOVED it! See their website for scheduled classes coming up and class prices.
- Visit Santa at Georgia Square Mall Visit with Santa for free, photo packages are available for purchase. Mondays-Saturdays 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. (breaks from 1-2 p.m. and 5-6 p.m.), Sunday hours 12 p.m.-6:00 p.m. (break from 2:30-3:30 p.m.)
- A Winnie the Pooh Christmas Tail Rose of Athens Theatre presents “A Winnie the Pooh Christmas Tail”, an enchanting musical, Fri. and Sat., Dec. 6th and 7th at 7:00 p.m. Location: Seney-Stovall Chapel. Student tickets are $14, Children through age 12 $9.50, Ages 13 and up $18.
- Old Fashioned Christmas in Dahlonega Just a little further north, experience an old-fashioned Christmas in the quaint town of Dahlonega. They’re holding a month-long celebration from November 29th through December 22nd, with many festive holiday events. On Sat., Nov. 30th, visit Santa downtown, listen to the Handbell Choir and the Dahlonega Silver Singers, or take a horse-drawn carriage or tour downtown Dahlonega on an old fashioned trolley. See website for ticket prices. Sat., Dec. 7th there are many things going on including Breakfast with Santa, the Christmas Market, Dahlonega’s Old Fashioned Christmas Parade, Lighting of the Tree in the square, a Live Nativity Scene with animals, and the North Georgia Symphony Orchestra. Special events continue through the 22nd so check their website for more details.
WOW! This is awesome! Groupon just let me know that they are currently offering $5 off a $15 purchase! Simply use code 5OFF15 at checkout! There are so many great deals in every city, I’m sure you’ll be able to use the code!
Have you checked out the new Five Below store in the new Epps Bridge Center? It is a super-cute store filled with bargain priced items, nothing over $5!
It is similar to a dollar store, but with slightly higher quality items. You do have to watch, as some things may be less expensive elsewhere, but I think overall it is a fun store to shop in.
I think I may take my kids there to do their Christmas “shopping.” They each get a few dollars to spend on the people on their list, and at a store like this their money will go pretty far!
nCrowd is currently offering discount deals for the popular Spa Sydell in Atlanta. You can choose from 7 different locations to redeem your voucher. Here’s the deal:
- Experience the facial that made Spa Sydell famous — a custom One Hour Sydell Facial personalized to your exact skin specifications, using products tailored to your unique epidermal condition. Emerge like a butterfly from its cocoon, with clean, healthy, glowing skin.
- Receive a One Hour Swedish Massage — Spa Sydell’s invigorating full body massage, a 60-minute service incorporating traditional Swedish techniques to calm and harmonize the body and mind.
Spa Sydell has SEVEN convenient locations, each fully staffed by licensed professionals and certified massage therapists. Checkout their brand new location in Cumming on 141!